Center of Excellence Points – How to Increase your chance to get a grant
The Center of Excellence has a leader board on the right side of the front page, and each person in the CoE is granted points. These are important for two reasons:
- Getting your grant. We review grant applications in order of the points earned by organizations collectively. The higher you are on the leader board, the more visible your grant application is to us.
- Getting more grants. When we learn more about your organization’s capacity and your expertise, you gain more points. When we see great funding opportunities that need a certain expertise and organizational capacity, we can reach out to those who match based on their shared info.
We have limited funds; participating in the community gives you the best chance of receiving a grant. So how do you get points? Read on…
Points are rewarded for sharing information, engaging in the community, and being a thought leader.
Sharing Information About Your Organization
In the Center of Excellence, in the upper right, you can click on the drop-down beside your name, and you’ll see “My Account.” Click there, and you will receive five points for sharing each of your organization’s social media profiles in the top section or any of the fields in the “Fundraising Capacity” section below.
Engaging in the Community
The chart below depicts how you can earn points by engaging in Discussion on the middle of the page in the Center of Excellence.
|Action Name||Point Value|
The chart below displays how many points you can earn by lifting up people with knowledge, and being recognized for your expertise as well.
|Action Name||Point Value|
What is the best way to get points?
A simple way to start — Complete your Account profile: Each one of the fields on your profile earns you 5 points, so entering all of them adds up quickly! This enables us to match your capacity to ideas that we see and suggest things to you that you could try (that we may fund).
Answering questions: Look through questions already asked on the CoE, or create your own. Asking questions gives you 10 points, and answering them gives you 25, so take a look and see what you can do to help others. You also have a chance of having your responses being picked as the best response to a question, which gives you 50 points.
Building community: If you feel like someone is an expert on one of the CoE topics, you can endorse them. Simply click on someone’s name in the Discussion Forum and select a topic that in the Knows About section on the right of their profile. Endorsing someone gives you 25 points, and being endorsed as an expert on a topic gives you 100 points!
You’ll have the best chance of getting grants when you:
- Fill out as many fields as you can on your account
- Ask and answer questions on the CoE
- Endorse or be endorsed as an expert of a topic