Position: Marketing and Communications Intern
Location: Washington, D.C.
About The Progressive Multiplier Fund
The Progressive Multiplier Fund (PMF) provides resources to the progressive community to generate innovative fundraising solutions to catalyze the growth and long‐term stability of progressive organizations.
At its core, the PMF possesses a superior understanding of small donor fundraising and earned revenue programs; provides grants, recoverable grants, and loans to organizations to accelerate innovations and their financial growth; specializes in risk management for investing in earned revenue projects; and executes a unique, compliant approach to generate both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) revenue.
Beyond providing grants and loans, the PMF is building a Center of Excellence – a resource center of best practices and analytics to accelerate learning about small donor fundraising, member recruitment and retention, and earned revenue programs across the progressive movement. The PMF’s grants, loans, and Center of Excellence all aim squarely at testing and scaling projects that can generate millions of dollars per year across a diverse range of progressive organizations.
Progressive Multiplier Fund is looking for a Marketing and Communications intern to help expand its reach to potential grantees and grantors. This internship is an excellent opportunity to exercise marketing tools and techniques and to explore breakthrough ways that help progressive non-profits. The successful candidate will be a driven and creative individual who wants to create a career in media and content marketing, We offer a flexible schedule and provide extensive guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to explore the world of non-profit fundraising and grantmaking. This opportunity is for a full-time internship.
As our Marketing and Communications intern, you will hone your skills in researching target audiences and developing multi-media strategies on how to connect with them. You will assist in developing content for blogs, newsletters, and other marketing avenues. You will also have the opportunity to review grant applications and fundraising techniques and tactics, helping develop your communications and marketing strategic skills.
- Create content for all of our company social media accounts, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop marketing campaigns considering our target audiences & their progressive causes
- Monitor social channels for relevant trends, ideas and memes; apply analysis to drive traffic
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media and website metrics
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Hard worker;
- Committed to progressive causes;
- Familiar with social media tools and wordpress;
- Able to demonstrate a track record of research and finding solutions to challenges; and
- Determined to find solutions.
Internship Pay and Benefits
The internship is unpaid;
The Marketing and Communications Internship will help build your skills and networks.