Position: Senior Program Officer: Digital Fundraising Guru
Location: Anywhere. D.C. Location is the Tie-Breaker.
About The Progressive Multiplier Fund
The Progressive Multiplier Fund (PMF) provides resources to the progressive community to generate innovative fundraising solutions to catalyze the growth and long‐term stability of progressive organizations.
At its core, the PMF possesses a superior understanding of small donor fundraising and earned revenue programs; provides grants, recoverable grants, and loans to organizations to accelerate innovations and their financial growth; specializes in risk management for investing in earned revenue projects; and executes a unique, compliant approach to generate both 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) revenue.
Beyond providing grants and loans, the PMF is building a Center of Excellence – a resource center of best practices and analytics to accelerate learning about small donor fundraising, member recruitment and retention, and earned revenue programs across the progressive movement. The PMF’s grants, loans, and Center of Excellence all aim squarely at testing and scaling projects that can generate millions of dollars per year across a diverse range of progressive organizations.
The Senior Program Officer partners with the President on overall strategy development and grantee selection. The Senior Program Officer will lead the work grant selection process, track and publicize best practices in non-profit revenue generation, manage marketing efforts for the PMF, and manage relationships with grantees.
The best candidate for this position will thrive in a start-up environment where their ideas will help shape a powerful institution for the progressive movement.
- Partner with the President to develop and implement a strategic framework, objectives, and outcome measures across the Progressive Multiplier Fund’s various funds;
- Consult with grantees and other partners to maximize impact of projects and ensure grants are meeting strategic goals. This may include: site visits, providing operational guidance, connecting grantees with resources or support, and convening meetings of key stakeholders;
- Review letters of inquiry and grant proposals; provide clear, concise and insightful written analyses and recommendations for funding, including drafting and editing proposal summaries and progress reports for review by foundation leadership;
- Manage internal processes and portfolio progress while ensuring appropriate documentation, grant budgeting and reporting. Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Represent the foundation to key program-related external constituencies, as appropriate, on committees related to area of expertise and responsibilities of the position;
- Lead the team’s annual strategy review process;
- Manage the evaluation process of grant applications, screen applications, and participate as a final decision-maker in the Progressive Multiplier Fund’s investment committee;
- Meet with current and prospective grantees;
- Stay up-to-date on best practices for targeted fundraising channels; and
- Manage the Center of Excellence, a resource center for progressive organizations on fundraising best practices.
Marketing and Communication
- Manage webinars and online marketing of the Progressive Multiplier Fund, educating potential grantees on proposals that qualify for the PMF, and educating progressive organizations on revenue generation breakthroughs; and
- Represent the Progressive Multiplier Fund at major fundraising, donor, and non-profit conferences;
- Participate in the design and execution of small donor fundraising projects for the Progressive Multiplier Fund as part of the team.
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital fundraising;
- Data analysis and strategic decision making, and a relentless focus on results;
- Experience in grantmaking a plus;
- Experience in developing a robust digital acquisition program leveraging all digital mediums to grow the program through Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Messenger, Google AdWords, and Online Marketing;
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate with, and influence others in a constructive and inclusive manner; and to build and sustain collaborative relationships;
- Awesome interpersonal skills;
- Familiarly with data segmentation and analysis;
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership ability or entrepreneurial behavior;
- Strong written and oral communication;
- Culture contributor: can endorse, model, and reinforce creation of the team’s culture in the areas of developing trust, showing respect, being transparent, and creating energy; and
- Shows a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Progressive Multiplier Fund will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, gender, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, family responsibilities, disability, membership in any labor organization, political affiliation, personal appearance, military or veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please submit your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com