MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP OVERVIEW
Progressive Multiplier Fund is looking for a Marketing and Communications intern to help expand its reach to potential grantees and grantors. This internship is an excellent opportunity to exercise marketing tools and techniques and to learn about breakthrough methods of helping progressive non-profits. The successful candidate will be a driven and creative individual who wants to pursue a career in media and content marketing. We offer a flexible schedule and provide extensive guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to explore the world of non-profit fundraising and grantmaking. This opportunity is for 30-40 hours a week.
As our Marketing and Communications intern, you will hone your skills in researching target audiences and developing multi-media strategies on how to connect with them. You will assist in developing content for blogs, newsletters, and other marketing avenues. You will also have the opportunity to review grant applications and fundraising techniques and tactics, helping develop your communications and marketing strategic skills.
The PMF is a non-profit organization that finances revenue generation projects for the progressive movement.
The PMF gives grants from two funds, the Test & Innovation Fund and the Growth Fund, which have different funding criteria and priorities.
- The Test & Innovation Fund provides grants to nonprofits interested in testing new revenue generation models, as well as testing the replication of revenue generation programs that have worked in other organizations. Grants range from $1,000 to $25,000, with an average grant size of $10,000. Successful revenue generating projects can be scaled up with funding through the PMF Growth Fund.
- The Growth Fund is a valuable resource for organizations that wish to scale up existing revenue projects. The Growth Fund provides recoverable grants and market rate loans to support organizations seeking to expand their revenue streams and have a greater impact. Recoverable grants and loans from the Growth Fund can be as large as $120,000.
Of equal importance, the PMF works to share everything it learns with all progressive organizations, equipping the whole community to grow more quickly.
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIP ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Create content for our non-profit social media accounts and websites, including organizing cross-platform content strategies
- Develop marketing campaigns considering our target audiences & their progressive causes
- Monitor social channels for relevant trends, ideas and memes; apply analysis to drive traffic
- Assist with capturing and analyzing social media and website metrics
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Marketing and Communications Internship candidates should be:
- Hard workers;
- Committed to progressive causes;
- Familiar with social media tools and wordpress;
- Able to demonstrate a track record of research and finding solutions to challenges; and
- Determined to find solutions.
PAY AND BENEFITS
- The internship is unpaid;
- Internship perks are:
- Working for great progressive causes
- Fantastic networking opportunity (nonprofit orgs all over the country will know who you are)
- Great first hand experience in a startup nonprofit
- Collaborating with and learning from a diverse team, including Phil Radford, former ED of Greenpeace
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Marketing and Communications Intern” in the subject line. Visit our website, www.progressivemultiplier.fund. No phone calls please.
Progressive Multiplier Fund is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.