SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER POSITION OVERVIEW
The Senior Program Officer partners with the Executive Director on overall strategy development and grantee selection. The Senior Program Officer will lead the work grant selection process, track and publicize best practices in non-profit revenue generation, manage marketing efforts for the PMF, and manage relationships with grantees.
The best candidate for this position will thrive in a startup environment where their ideas will help shape a powerful institution for the progressive movement.
The PMF is a non-profit organization that finances revenue generation projects for the progressive movement.
The PMF gives grants from two funds, the Test & Innovation Fund and the Growth Fund, which have different funding criteria and priorities.
- The Test & Innovation Fund provides grants to nonprofits interested in testing new revenue generation models, as well as testing the replication of revenue generation programs that have worked in other organizations. Grants range from $1,000 to $25,000, with an average grant size of $10,000. Successful revenue generating projects can be scaled up with funding through the PMF Growth Fund.
- The Growth Fund is a valuable resource for organizations that wish to scale up existing revenue projects. The Growth Fund provides recoverable grants and market rate loans to support organizations seeking to expand their revenue streams and have a greater impact. Recoverable grants and loans from the Growth Fund can be as large as $120,000.
Of equal importance, the PMF works to share everything it learns with all progressive organizations, equipping the whole community to grow more quickly.
SENIOR PROGRAM OFFICER ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Partner with the Executive Director to develop and implement a strategic framework, objectives, and outcome measures across the Progressive Multiplier Fund’s various funds;
- Consult with grantees and other partners to maximize impact of projects and ensure grants are meeting strategic goals. This may include: site visits, providing operational guidance, connecting grantees with resources or support, and convening meetings of key stakeholders;
- Review letters of inquiry and grant proposals; provide clear, concise and insightful written analyses and recommendations for funding, including drafting and editing proposal summaries and progress reports for review by foundation leadership;
- Manage internal processes and portfolio progress while ensuring appropriate documentation, grant budgeting and reporting. Improve operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Represent the foundation to key program-related external constituencies, as appropriate, on committees related to area of expertise and responsibilities of the position;
- Lead the team’s annual strategy review process;
- Manage the evaluation process of grant applications, screen applications, and participate as a final decision-maker in the Progressive Multiplier Fund’s investment committee;
- Meet with current and prospective grantees;
- Stay up-to-date on best practices for targeted fundraising channels; and
- Manage the Center of Excellence, a resource center for progressive organizations on fundraising best practices.
Marketing and Communication
- Manage webinars and online marketing of the Progressive Multiplier Fund, educating potential grantees on proposals that qualify for the PMF, and educating progressive organizations on revenue generation breakthroughs; and
- Represent the Progressive Multiplier Fund at major fundraising, donor, and non-profit conferences;
- Participate in the design and execution of small donor fundraising projects for the Progressive Multiplier Fund as part of the team.
- Humility, integrity, passion, motivation, and a self-starter attitude;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital fundraising;
- Data analysis and strategic decision making, and a relentless focus on results;
- Experience in grantmaking a plus;
- Experience in developing a robust digital acquisition program leveraging all digital mediums to grow the program through Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Messenger, Google AdWords, and Online Marketing;
- Proven ability to lead, collaborate with, and influence others in a constructive and inclusive manner; and to build and sustain collaborative relationships;
- Awesome interpersonal skills;
- Familiarly with data segmentation and analysis;
- Demonstrated evidence of leadership ability or entrepreneurial behavior;
- Strong written and oral communication;
- Culture contributor: can endorse, model, and reinforce creation of the team’s culture in the areas of developing trust, showing respect, being transparent, and creating energy; and
- Shows a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Senior Development Officer” in the subject line. Visit our website, www.progressivemultiplier.fund. No phone calls please.
Progressive Multiplier Fund is an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within the workplace. Women, People of Color, LGBTQIA individuals, and other historically disenfranchised populations are encouraged to apply.